Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dad's Stuffing

Note: this recipe is also known as "Pennsylvania Dutch Stuffing" and as long as I can remember it has been a staple in my Thanksgiving. Whenever I think of the holidays, I think of this food.

Ingredients:
1 package seasoned breadcrumbs
4 medium white/yellow onions
2 lbs potatoes
milk
butter
water
1 pint chicken stock
1 sprig fresh thyme
handful fresh parsley
fresh sage (quantity dependent on taste... we use about 10 leaves fresh sage)
salt to taste

Directions:
1. Peel potatoes and boil until soft. (will be mashed)
2. Peel and chop onions. Saute in butter in a iron skillet until translucent, stirring consistently.
3. Chop sage, thyme and parsley. Add to onions, stir.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs, a cup of water and chicken stock.
5. Add the onions to the breadcrumbs and stir.
6. Mash the potatoes with a little milk and butter.
7. Add potatoes to mixing bowl and stir together. Be careful not to over stir or it will get mushy.

Recipe Source: My dad <3

Amendment: It is JUST NOT THANKSGIVING without my dad's stuffing. And I wouldn't change a single thing. Photos from Thanksgiving 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My title page contents